Renegade - Summer 2014, San Francisco
Happy Pride, everyone! Austin and I will be partying it up like wild animals in San Francisco! We love you all!
The Notwist was absolutely incredible last night, and I couldn’t have picked a better person to share their magic with. <3 So many couple cupcaking during the show, they are definitely some sweet baby-making music.
Karen and I saw The Notwist last night. It was magical.
Saw an advanced screening of this cry festival in Davis tonight. I’m pretty sure most of the theater was sobbing…not crying…sobbing. If Erika was there, the entire theater would’ve flooded with her tears.
Hahaha! This had me laughing out loud, forreal, yo.
TALK SHIT GET HIT
Mary Kay Sun-Kissed VoxBox
A couple weeks ago, Influenster sent me a Mary Kay VoxBox. I was a bit apprehensive but also kind of excited. From those of you who know me, I wear minimal to no makeup, especially when I am working…just because running around on shoots gets me pretty sweaty. Every now and then I like to harness my ladytron powers and put a little bit of makeup on. I had always heard of Mary Kay but never really tried any of their stuff, so testing this stuff out was pretty exciting to me.
Here’s what I thought of what they sent me -
- Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara (I <3 Black) - I really liked this mascara. it gave my lashes good definition and volume without the clumps.
- Mary Kay Cream Eye Color Apricot Twist - I liked the texture of this Cream Eye Color, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the color. I think it made my eyes look kind of weird.
- Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color Shy Blush - This blush was nice because it just gave my cheeks a subtle hint of blush. Like I said, I wear a very minimal look, so I don’t think things that make my face stand out as ultra make-upey.
- Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder - This stuff is AWESOME! My face gets really oily really quickly and this powder did a great job of controlling that. I actually am kind of excited to use this on shoots.
- Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner with Expandable Brush Applicator, Jet Black - In theory, this eyeliner would be incredible, but since I have minimal experience with eyeliner, it was more difficult for me to apply this than with a pencil. It got everywhere, and that’s entirely user error. Pretty interesting.
- Mary Kay Bronzing Powder - I’m already pretty dark skinned, so this doesn’t really do much for me.
- Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss, Mango Tango - I absolutely LOVE this lip gloss. Something I do wear a lot of is lip gloss, and this one was great. It gave my lips just a slight tint in color and tasted pretty good on my lips….hahaha. In that picture of me I am wearing this lipgloss and some of the other stuff.
So, that’s what I thought of all that. I didn’t get paid by Mary Kay or Influenster to try this stuff out, Influenster just sent it to me for free, so I thought I’d return the favor by doing a little writeup on it.
What makeup tips do you have that you want to share with me?